Music please...."I love to see the temple. I'm going there today..." I had the privilege of entering the new Draper Temple today. My freshman roomie Tawnia Palmer and I met for a session this (Wed) morning and then went to lunch at Zupas! My new favorite yummy place to eat...posh healthy fast food. Back to the temple...I LOVE it there. Wish I could live there. All three of my favorite paintings were in or by the women's dressing room. First is the painting of Mary "great with child" sitting on a donkey and being lead by Joseph. She is looking thoughtfully at a small shepherd boy alongside the road with his flock. Second is of Jesus standing next to a small child dressed in rags, with his hand gently caressing the child's right cheek while beckoning with the other to us to become as a little child. The third is of Mary and Joseph taking the infant Jesus to the temple in fulfillment of prophecy that the one elderly priest would get to see the Christ-child.
We also sneaked a peek at the brides room and I fell in love with the chandelier gracefully dangling from the ceiling. Ahh...wow...my favorite of all chandeliers. Silvery elegance. Hard to describe with words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Angela! I didn't know you had a blog! Great, now I can keep up with what's going on in your life!
I love chandies too. Temples always have the most awesome ones.
I found you! Looks like it's been a while since you wrote and I'll see you this weekend, but I'm glad I found you online to keep track of your exciting life better!
Post a Comment