



We hiked up to Lake Mary from Big Cottonwood Canyon on Aug 18th and it was so pretty! The sun was just setting and all was quiet on the lake when we arrived. A little mother duck brought her 3 ducklings up close hoping for a bedtime snack I think. On the drive home we saw a raccoon cross the road.
Then on Saturday Aug 22 I hiked up to Mt. Aire with Erin Brown and we saw horny toads! Lots of them! So cute and little! Premie size. I even tried to touch one but it was too quick. And a few of the leaves have started changing colors...I love fall! On the drive home we saw a deer!


Aug 26th, just a few hours ago, we returned from hiking up a trail that leads to Lamb's Canyon from Elbow fork in Millcreek canyon. Lots of pretty wildflowers, good smelling dirt and bug spray, and beautiful groves of quaking aspens in the sunset.
Monday I went trail running for an easy run with Carrie Taylor. We ran part of the pipeline trail and met up with a very upset rattle snake. Yikes! It was only a few feet away and all coiled up ready to strike! It had been disturbed by the girl running towards us on the trail. She either stepped right over it or her dog woke it up. Either way we chose to hike up around it. Somewhat of a close call. 2 for 2 now on that trail. Seen a snake both times I've been on it. Don't know about chancing a third time.

No comments:
Post a Comment