Friday, July 10, 2009

REAL Rock climbing!

June 27th, another blind date. =o) My Grandpa Durrans' neighbor Jorgan arranged for me to meet his sort-of "second cousin once removed" today. I met Jorgan and the young man at REI, where I though we were going to climb. Little did I know that was only the carpool site. Jorgan chauffeured us to Rock Canyon up by the Provo Temple and then helped us get set up safely for climbing the actual rock wall! It didn't look as hard as it turned out to be. Luckily I got to go first so my arms were fresh and the expectation was still to make it to the top. I took a lot of breaks and was amazed to learn that two toes can hold my body on a one-inch square protrusion of rock. I was a bit sore the next day as climbing definitely requires the use of muscles that rarely exercise. End result though...I made it to the top! Lesson...never give up! Have a bit of faith and LEAP up to the next handhold. Thanks to Jorgan for helping me live out a life goal.

No comments: