Friday, July 10, 2009

Reader's Digest version of my life up to now.

May 28th I joined Wendy and the girls up at Snowbird where Grandma and Grandpa Durrans were staying for the week (part of their timeshare travels). They had a 3 bedroom apartment which was really nice, including private decks and a hot tub! I was too late for the hot tub adventure but just in time for lunch, yum yum! I don't know how Grandma keeps up her home cooked meals away from home. Then we were treated to a ride up the mountain in the ski lift gondola thing. We spent a few minutes admiring the view from the very top of the mountain, still with several feet of snow. Grandpa treated us to some very delicious ice cream back at snack shop. The girls had to take off after that but I got to stay and play games with the game wizards and enjoy another of Grandma's gourmet vacation meals. I was so happy not to get called into work. It was a blessing to spend time with my family. I love you so much!!!

June 2nd I attended my first Bee's Game. They are the pro baseball team here. A guy from my ward works at Larry H. Miller Toyota and he had their Box for the night, catered dinner and all! It was kind of him to invite me, basically a complete stranger. It was an interesting group of singles from the ward/area. The game didn't start until almost 9pm I think because of rain. I thoroughly enjoyed the thunderstorm under the protection of the overhang. It was quite a beautiful view from way up high. And it was entertaining to watch the guys cover up the infield with a HUGE tarp in order to keep the dirt dry. Weird! Luckily a friend offered me a ride home since I was no longer interested in the crowd there and it was getting late.

June 5th, Friday, I was invited up the canyon to enjoy a picnic and fire with a friend, Kaleo. I LOVE campfires. The guy was pretty nice too. =o) It was so nice to just relax and chat the night away. He likes to have meaningful conversations, dissecting the human psychology, or at least my psycho-ness. =o) Too bad he just wants to be "friends" right now...teaching me quite the lesson in Patience. I'm starting to think he just enjoys torturing me. I am trying to have faith that someday he will break down and give me a hug. It better be worth the wait! I am discovering I'm not so good at this "endure to the end" thing.

June 8th, nervous breakdown. I'm not so good at being patient, especially when I finally think a guy is worth investing in. Luckily Kaleo IS patient, especially with psycho chicks like me!

No comments: