Friday, July 10, 2009

May 30-June 1 Trip to Idaho

Sorry, no pictures. This weekend Wendy, the girls, and I drove up to visit Grandpa Butler and Marge. (Not sure if it is spelled with an "e" or not.) It was fun to be up there again. Claire and Ayden loved watching the trains and playing the piano. Grandpa showed Wendy how to make bread and they even sent us each home with a loaf. They are the sweetest couple. The new carpet looks nice and I love the family photo collage on the wall that includes everyone from Grandpa's family and Marge's family. It is a nice blend.

On Monday Wendy and I helped Grandpa dig weeds out of the garden plot. Wow! Those weeds have deep roots! We got to use shovels and pure muscle to rip them out of the ground. We both ended up with one funny muscle sore the next day.

The girls were great driving up and back. We treated ourselves to yummy shakes during one potty break when we were almost back to SLC. The weather wasn't as cooperative though as it decided to pour buckets on us while navigating the freeway. I probably almost put Wendy into labor since I decided to just keep driving and not pull off. I could still see a few feet in front of me and the line on the road so I just drove slowly. Luckily it didn't last too long. It was very loud though, so much so that we couldn't hear the girls talking in the back seat. Fun storm.

No comments: