Wednesday, May 4, 2011

HAIRCUT

BEFORE


DURING


AFTER


FRONT OF FIRST HAIRCUT


FINAL HAIRCUT =o)



Moral #1: Never Never Never go to Great Clips.

Moral #2: Hair grows back so don't cry.

I decided I just COULDN'T wait another day to get my hair chopped off! It was time to donate! So after a night shift and sleeping most of the day, I decided to throw caution to the wind and take advantage of the FREE haircut with a Lock's Of Love donation of 10 inches.

Thursday night April 28, 2011 at approximately 6pm, I and my lovely roomie arrived at Great Clips. She was there as moral support and photographer. After the nice lady took my 10 inches off in two ponytails, she proceeded to chop away at the request of a "layered" haircut. My face started to fall after she continued to cut with no apparent rhyme or reason. When she finished and asked what I though I ran my hand through it and said Great!. Secretly I was just wanting to get out of there before she cut anymore off! My roommates confirmed my suspicion with a the recommendation that I get another haircut, fast! I was missing chunks of hair in the back.

Luckily, my neighbor lost her office job and is cutting hair again! She fit me in the next morning at 11am and had to take another inch or so off in order to even it out. She looked at my hair and informed me that the "nice lady at great clips" had violated one of the most important haircut rules (of which I can't remember now).

Luckily hair grows back, and hopefully fast because it is a bit shorter than anticipated. =o)

4 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

yay for you! I'm actually excited to see how much hair you have left after your donation and two haircuts. I was thinking mine would be up to my ears by the time I was through.

Wendy said...

Wow, I can't believe your hair is still that long after taking off 10 inches!

It looks great from the front, hopefully now it looks good from the back too.

Grams and Grumps said...

Thanks for donating your locks to "locks of love". Still don't see the "layered look" you requested but love you anyway! Cute picture of you and Mr.T on facebook. We're still "blog" people so keep the blog news coming! Happy Auntie Day this Sunday! You're the best!!!

Jake & Bev said...

So good to see you a few weeks ago and catch up. I think your hair looks great. You are still as beautiful as ever!