Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Petra, Jordan
These are pictures taken on my trip to Petra, Jordan. Petra is the city carved into the rock that was hidden for hundreds of years. Many may recognize the Treasury that was in one of the Indiana Jones movies. It was an incredible place. They are in reverse order so the first photo is of the border crossing from Jordan to Israel at the end of our tour in Jordan. That was only a small part of the border though. The real border we were not allowed to take pictures at. The desert is the Wadi Rum where the Laurence of Arabia story played out in part. The cave I am standing by is supposedly where he hid. My favorite was riding the camel. Riding the burro and horse were okay too. =o)


























Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That hummus and pita and kabob look really good! I studied Petra for one of my art history classes. It looks beautiful.
I had fun going on your trip vicariously through your pics. I am dying to hear more about your bodyguard!! call me!
Post a Comment