Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LOCKS O' LOVE

Anyone want to join me in growing their hair long this year for a good cause? Come on!!!! You know you want to!!!! It will grow back and besides, someone going through a VERY hard time will REALLY appreciate your sacrifice (ie...bad hair days with growing it out and trying not to damage it with curling irons and blow-dryers every day.)

I have always wanted to do this and decided THIS IS THE YEAR!!! Many of you may say its not fair because I have a head start...but alas, I have layers and have to grow them out too so we are pretty much even.

Any takers? Comment below and then we can help encourage each other to say no to scissors when the long hair starts driving us crazy and we want a cut.

=o)

6 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

I'm growing my hair out (this is as good a cause as any). How long does it have to be?

ang said...

10 inches minimum. Can be lightly colored but NO BLEACH products. I just looked them up online searching "Locks of Love". They said hair usually grows about 1/2 inch per month so this could take longer than a year. =o) Depends on how short you want your hair cut.

Jaynann said...

WOW, major blog blitz!! I loved your posts, sounds like you've been having fun and staying busy. Not going to join you on the haircut...compared to me you really do have a head start :)

Wendy said...

That is so weird. I was just thinking about this for the first time today. I've never considered it before. Maybe it's a sign. So you can't have any layers?

ang said...

Actually it doesn't say anything about layers, just that you start measuring 10 inches from the longest tip. They can't use hair that is shorter than 10 inches so they separate that from the long parts and sell it to help cover costs. I figured I might as well give them hair they can use!...Thus, growing out most of the layers.

Jenny said...

Hey! I just read a book by Margaret Peterson Haddix "Because of Anya" (deals with a baldness problem, alo-something). Anyway, I was already trying to grow out my hair, so I will join you!